St Paul The Apostle Primary Winston Hills offers students a variety of learning experiences beyond the classroom.
The curriculum at St Paul the Apostle Primary is enhanced by the following:
- visits from the Life Education van - specialising in healthy living
- early intervention programs, such as literacy support and numeracy support
- peer mentoring (Buddies) involving Year 6 students supporting Kindergarten students in their first year of school
- athletics, swimming and cross country
- Voice of Youth public speaking competition
- debating club in Year 5 and Interschool Debating in Year 6
- competitions in a number of Key Learning Areas
- Diocesan Creative Arts Expo
- choir and choir presentations / eisteddfods - Junior and Senior
- Book Week and Education Week activities
- Captivate instrument lessons Years 4&5
Once a term the library distributes Scholastic Book Club’s specially compiled list of reasonably priced books for children. Details on how to purchase the books are included on the forms sent home. This is an entirely voluntary purchase.
Our School Band
We are very excited to let you know that in 2021, St Paul the Apostle Primary School will be introducing a classroom band program for all students in Years 4 and 5 that will occur within school hours. This program will allow students to learn to play an instrument and read music in a band setting developing their ensemble awareness and skills. This program will be delivered by CAPTIVATE, the arts arts unit of Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta (CEDP).